|3. The New Warships; Still unrefurbished with
that distinctive 'Hoover' sound but now adorned with distinctive
4. The 50s Reborn; Following refurbishment at Doncaster the class gets
a new lease of life and is seen in action in a variety of liveries all
over the Western & Southern Regions of BR.
5. The Final Years; Following the first withdrawal in 1987 the type
slipped further into oblivion but in some ways the best was yet to come.
6. On Tour; A round up of many Class 50 tours over the years 1981 to
7. End of the Line; Sad scenes as 50s become redundant.
8. Brave New World; Commencing with remarkable scenes of the first
start-up of 50049 after 10 months on the scrapline at Laira we follow the
50s back onto the mainline and into preservation
9. Leading from the Front; Up front from the cab of 50029.